Saturday, June 9, 2012

10 Months Later...

I cannot believe that Steve and I have been married for 10 months! It's almost been a year! Holy cow how time flies! So here's a little update on how our lives have been since we tied the knot.

Steve and I moved to Provo as soon as we got married. I'm not going to lie I didn't like the thought of moving to Provo, but we didn't have a choice. Steve was accepted into the Fire Academy at UVU. He made it through just over half of the semester when he got the confirmation he had been waiting for from the Spirit to withdraw and go down a different path. With that, Steve is now going to school and working on getting his bachelors in Criminal Justice and loving it! As for me, I am no longer going into Nursing. After getting my associates from SUU, I decided that I wasn't all that in love with being a nurse anymore and decided I would take a break and decide what I really want to do with my life. After a lot of thinking and praying, I decided since I love history I might want to do something with history, and that led to me deciding that I want to be a... high school history teacher! I am way excited.

So once Steve and I decided on our new future careers, we still remained in Provo.. Then one night we went out to dinner with our dear friends Cam and Jessica and they just hounded us about moving back to Bountiful. As we were driving home and the days that followed we thought more and more about why we were torturing ourselves being so far away from our friends and our family. Finally, the decision was made and we FINALLY moved back to Bountiful.

We have now been back in Bountiful, well North Salt Lake, for a month now and it has been the greatest decision we've made, well besides marrying each other. But since we have moved back we have been so blessed. We see our family and friends and we don't have to leave the party early or drive that awful hour back "home" to Provo. Being back in Bountiful is so amazing. We are finally back were we belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment